Hello!

Hi everyone, welcome to my blog of travel adventures. I started this blog just to keep everyone up to date on what I'm up to, so enjoy! :)
Anna x

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Versailles Palace


My final day in Paris I took a day trip out to Versailles. The Palace was home to Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette. The interior was lavishly furnished with gold guilding covering the walls, enormous tapestries and furnishings. The famous hall of mirrors where they held their balls was exquisite, the ceiling covered with elaborate paintings and beautiful chandeliers along the length. Out into the gardens the sun started to shine, and the grounds extended in a large expanse down to the lake. I walked out to Marie Antoinettes 'cottage', a separate house Louis had built for her. From the cottage she had her own gardens, a grotto, and a little village built so she could get away from court life. It was a beautiful afternoon to stroll through the emaculate gardens, and incredible to see the sheer size and extent of their 'backyard'!

After enjoying a lovely few days in Paris it was time to head to my final destination, Frankfurt. My incredible two months of intrepid travels was almost over.

Back of the Palace
In the hall of mirrors
The chapel of the palace
Inside the King's rooms
A room with a view
At the top of the gardens
The side gardens
Front of the summer house
Inside the summer house
In Marie  Antoinette's village
One of the cottages
The Palace Versailles

No comments:

Post a Comment