Hello!

Hi everyone, welcome to my blog of travel adventures. I started this blog just to keep everyone up to date on what I'm up to, so enjoy! :)
Anna x

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bordeaux

After leaving Palma I had a night in transit in Barcelona before catching the train to Bordeaux. The train took three changes and most of the day, I arrived into a very warm Bordeaux in the afternoon. In the evening I went for a walk down along the river side and into town to find some dinner. The old town is very pictureisque with small cobbled streets and scattered old buildings and churches.

The following day I walked in towards town, picking up some tasty pastries for breakfast along the way. Stumbled across the Marche des Capucins - the local market, filled with fresh produce. Then continued along up to the main street Rue ste Catherine with all the main shops. At the top is the Place de Comedie with two very grand buildings flanking it. One the theatre and the other one of the old hotels. I grabbed some lunch from a local supermarket and went to chill out in the public gardens, as the weather was a scorching 30 degrees! In the evening I endured a swelteringly hot bus to move accommodation to my hostel, which turned out to be quite a way out of town! But I had a room to myself with an en suite so I wasn't complaining.

On the Saturday I came down with a tummy bug, so wasn't feeling very well. But headed into town for a bit of fresh air. Visted the St Micheal church and the Musee de Beaux Arts, where there was only a small section open. But the museum also had a lovely courtyard garden where I enjoyed a bit of chill out time before heading back to the hostel. Sunday I was planning to go out to the winarys, but unfortunatly wasn't feeling well enough, so had a quiet day instead.

Bordeaux was a very pretty town, I unfortunatly didn't get to see it to its full potential because I was unwell. But would love to return and do a road trip around the vineyards to sample some of their famous reds.

River Garoone

La Porte Cailhau

St Cathrines


Roses in the Garden's

In the Public Garden's

St Michael's

No comments:

Post a Comment